Thursday 21 July 2016

Let Someone Be Christ to You Today | My Journey to YYLC 2016

As I was sitting down in 7th Street Public Market, two young ladies sat on the table across from me. 
They had ordered pizza for lunch, and just before eating their food, they put their heads down and hands together and prayed over their food. 
I thought it was a beautiful thing to see. It's rare you see people pray over their food anymore in gratitude to God for providing. 
I wanted to go up to them and let them know that what they did was admirable, and to encourage them to continue to do what they did. 
I got distracted after that thought by a message from the AirBnB website from a BnB I was interested in staying at. 
So, I was trying to figure out taking a bus to my AirBnB, and then, the girls came back with dessert. I decided to ask them if they could help me. 
We then started to get to know each other, and just like that- we hit it off. 
I mentioned these two girls in my first post. Their names are Michelle and Christian. 
As we were discussing how to get to my BnB, Michelle and Christian both looked at each other, and Michelle said, "We'll take you." 
My heart dropped. I couldn't believe it. They were willing to give me, a stranger all the way from an island they've practically never heard of, a ride.
To this day, I owe them my life.
It was an amazing time getting to know both of them. 
As well as being invited to Michelle's house and getting to know her sister Catherine. 
And this was only the beginning of my journey, and I felt like I had been vacationing for a month already. Time did not exist! 
We had to drop Christian off earlier in the day :( so we didn't get to talk as much.
But just from the short time I spent with her, I must say that I loved being around her. She was full of joy and laughter. She was sweet, and caring. And I honestly am so glad to have met her.
In my time with Michelle,
we realised how similar we are to each other and how much we love God! 
I felt like God sent them to me to let me know that He will always keep me safe,
and that I was right to trust in Him. 
Initially, I didn't want to let Michelle take me around and practically be my chauffeur.
But one thing she said struck me- "Sirena, let me be Jesus to you." 
Wow! What a lesson I learned. Many times, people want to do good things, but we are so guarded and suspicious of people, that we end up pushing those opportunities for them to do good deeds for others. 
So, today, if someone offers to do something for you, says something nice about your hair or outfit, or even smiles at you, respond back with a smile, a gesture of love and compassion, words of gratitude, and assurance that what they're doing is appreciated and received. 


Michelle is a photographer, and a very awesome one for that matter. 
Michelle


And Christian is a very talented singer and actress! 
Christian
TO BE CONTINUED :D
_____________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴! 

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 

Sirena Elizabeth 


1 comment: