Wednesday 27 July 2016

My Life Coach during my Uber Drive + My first YYLC friends | My Journey to YYLC

After Mass, I called my Uber driver to take me to uptown Charlotte. His name was Jeremy! 
He was so sweet and personable, and we had a great conversation about his life during the ride which inspired me and got me really thinking about this lifestyle blog- Sirena of Guam.

That conversation was such an affirming experience for the path I chose to be on- entrepreneurship. 
He told me that he had just left his job in the hotel industry after being in it for nearly 10 years.
He hired a life coach to help him discover what his purpose was in life, and he found that he as well wants to be a life coach. I admire the leap he made, and I hope he continues on with that plan.
Because just from getting to know him, I believe he can do succeed as a life coach!

We exchanged contact info to stay in touch and keep up with each other's progress, but unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the note I made when I was copying and pasting another text on to my notes!
I'm trying to get his info from Uber or contact him via my Uber account. It's a bit hard, and I understand that due to privacy policies or whatever.
I just hope I get in contact with him soon!


This same day, I officially started my journey to YYLC.
We took an hour and a half long bus ride from the Charlotte Douglas Airport to Gaffney, South Carolina.

We waited at the airport for bit before heading to Gaffney, and I sat next to a young girl named Kaitline :) I believe this was her second time attending the camp.
And she was very sweet and kind. Her parents are a part of the industry I am in as well. And generally speaking, we are all about helping others become entrepreneurs, chasing their dreams, and touching the people around them. I was glad to see that this young girl was attending a camp that would help grow her into a beautiful young driven leader.
I hope to see her again and talk to her more next year. : )



Then, we were joined by a tall, pretty girl named Katerina.
She was all smiles, and asked if she could sit with us because she was excited to meet new people.
She is from the Czech Republic, and we talked about her life there.
I was fascinated about how much she knew. From the airport, to the bus, all the way to Gaffney, we talked about how much she felt it was important for her to build a business in the Czech Republic as well as to help other people do the same thing. She believes in a free country like America because she knew of the sufferings that the Czechs experienced from a Communist and a communist government.



These are just two of the incredible young people I met at the Yager Youth Leadership Conference.
They are great examples of the type of leaders we will see in the world in the near future.
We believe in helping others achieve their dreams and goals with the free-enterprise system. <3

Although I am no longer travelling, this experience has taught me to open my heart to others and make friends wherever I go.
Did you make new friends today?

TO BE CONTINUED :D
_____________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴! 

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 

Sirena Elizabeth 


No comments:

Post a Comment