Sunday 3 July 2016

True Greatness | Your Quote of the Day + Reflection

I always struggle with myself about what it takes to reach the same level of sanctity as the saints we read about. 

For as long as I've known this after hearing talk many talks from Catholic speakers and from priests sermons, I constantly have to remind myself that there is no secret at all in being holy. 
There isn't any magical fairy dust that changes you in an instant. 
If there was a secret- 
the only secret about it is that their greatness is in simplicity- 
and it is in the quote you see above. 
"True greatness of the soul is in loving God and in humility." 
Who said this? Jesus. 
Actually, it was the baby Jesus who said this to St. Faustina. 
Faustina asked the baby Jesus how He could know this since He was not yet old enough to read. 
He replied, "I know; I know all things." 
Then, he disappeared. 

I was reading this in the pews of the St. Fidelis Friary chapel after the 12:10 PM Mass, and it gave me chills. I get chills everytime I think about it. 
The things is, Jesus didn't even give Faustina a road map with check points and this and that, etc. 
Our Lord just says 
"True great of the soul is in loving God loving God and in humility."

#divinemercy #God #JesustoFaustina #DivineMercyinMySoul 
________________________________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 
Sirena Elizabeth 


No comments:

Post a Comment