Wednesday 27 July 2016

Mass at St. Ann's + the missing Poor Clares | My Journey to YYLC

It was my second day in Charlotte, and I had already managed to drop by a crossfit gym, make a handful of lifelong friends, and was about to head to morning Mass at St. Ann's. 
Upon entering the church, I felt that I was transported back in time. 
The church interior is beautiful! 
Photo Credit: Regina Magazine
The Mass was celebrated very solemnly. There wasn't any music. 
It was just you and the priest who was unfolding the beautiful sacrifice about to take place. 
The Gospel from that day was Mt. 11, 20-24 (Click on verse to be taken to the full Gospel). 
I got to walk around the beautiful church's property a bit.

On my GPS, I saw that there was a religious community there called the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration.
But was later informed that they were no longer living there.
I wish I had met them because watching the video below shows how beautiful this community is and what their mission is about:


It's funny because I initially thought they were in a building a couple minutes away from St. Ann's Church, so I planned that I would call my Uber driver to take me there before dropping me to uptown Charlotte. 
We kept driving in circles until we realised that it was literally within the same property. I thanked my Uber driver for tolerating the confusion. And asked one of the church workers about where the Poor Clares were, and they informed me that they had moved.

After that little pickle, I eventually called Uber again to take me to uptown Charlotte. 
My driver for this trip was a wonderful young guy named Jeremy, who shared with me about his life and what his pursuits were. This Uber trip conversation was actually one of the most valuable conversations of the trip before heading off to YYLC.
But we'll save that for the next post : ) 

Outside of St. Ann's, the sky was beautiful!

TO BE CONTINUED :D
_____________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴! 

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 

Sirena Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment