Tuesday 5 July 2016

"Preparation, Disorganisation, & the 100 THINGS CHALLENGE" | Your Quote of the Day





This quote of the day is pretty personal to me because I have to be transparent about it. 
I haven't been good at preparing for my goals lately. 

The big question is 

Why? 

Well, If you don't know me quite as personally as my parents know me, 
then this might be a shock to you. 
The thing is- I am one of the most disorganised people I know. 
Naturally, I'm disorganised. I'm impulsive. I'm indecisive. I'm all over the place. 
I'm discombobulated. I'm always in "react" mode. Sometimes, even in panic mode. 

Why I feel organisation is key to preparing for achieving goals 

So, this year, I've been really trying to intentionally work on being more organized.  
I know that if I'm more organised, I can see my goal more clearly, 
and from there be able to prepare accordingly. 

I was listening to the Michael Hyatt podcast, Season 3: Episode 5 called 
"The Top-10 Characteristics of Lousy Leaders." 

Click here to listen to this amazing podcast episode. 

Michael pointed out that disorganisation is one of those characteristics. 

Yes. I was pretty embarrassed as I sat in my bedroom trying to figure out what to do with my things, where to put them, and panicking about where I am going to find the time to take care of this all and get it to where I want it to be- minimalistic...immaculate, even. 

Ok. So now that I know why being more organised would help me, I need to take the first step to being organised. And what is that first step? 

DECLUTTERING. 

Yeah, I'm being really honest. I need to declutter. I need to throw away the things I don't need.
From my bedroom, to my car- it's pretty bad. 

It's clear that if I decluttered, I can be rid of the frustration of clutter. 
Therefore, I will have the energy then to organise all the areas of my life. 

Once I am able to get that right- I know that the path to my goals will be more clear 
because I don't have all this frustration and clutter built up in my mind or in my bedroom/house/car/etc. 

Alright, so how am I, Sirena, going to achieve decluttering and organization?

First, I decided I am going to take the challenge from a fellow Chamorro, Leo Babauta, from http://zenhabits.net/minimalist-fun-the-100-things-challenge/

This will be a 30 day challenge. 

Below are Leo's reasons why we should take this challenge that I copy and pasted from the article: 
Why go through the challenge?
A few reasons:
To help you declutter your home.
To make you realize what’s necessary, and what you love, and what you don’t need.
To free yourself of the burden of possessions.
For fun.
To force you to stick to the limit, even if you get new things.

Do you want to join me in this challenge? 
Comment or email me at sirenamafnas@gmail.com to join this challenge to decluttering.


P.S. 
Please keep in mind that any references I make to other articles from other websites
 does not mean I hold all the views and opinions expressed on the referred article and website or condone all tips, strategies and/or practices that are suggested on the article or website.   
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding any specific article or website that I refer here on my blog. Thank you! 

_____________________________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴! 

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 
Sirena Elizabeth 


No comments:

Post a Comment