Monday 18 July 2016

Sirena of Guam in Charlotte! | Journey to YYLC 2016


July 11, 2016
For those who don't live in Guam, ya gotta know that travelling from Guam to the East Coast is truly an adventure in and of itself.
I've been travelling literally for a whole day just to get here- Charlotte, North Carolina. 
You're probably wondering what a little Guam mermaid such as myself is doing all the way out in the East Coast. 
Well, I am travelling all the way out here to attend the Yager Youth Leadership Conference!

YYLC is a weeklong event where young adults go to learn from leaders in the industry that I am in. 
I am so stoked for it!

So far, I've already made amazing friends here:
Wonderful, talented women, Michelle and Christian!
Michelle is a photographer here in Charlotte, and Christian is a singer and actress!
I am so blessed to have met them here!
God has really shown me that if I trust in Him, things will come together!
(more to come on Michelle and Christian in next post!)

Update as of July 19, 2016 
I wasn't able to complete this post when I was writing it! But that's okay!
Here is the rest of my journey in a nutshell.
I got to eat drink my favourite kind of drink- Match Green Tea Latte at a fantastic place called
Not Just Coffee which is located in the 7th Street Public Market the uptown part of Charlotte.


I found it amazing that not only was there a fantastic coffee shop, there were also several food shops/restaurants within this studio area (I suppose you could call it that- a wide room space).

There was a pizza and sandwich booth which had a vegan sandwich that was to die for (picture below), an acai bowl booth, a crepe stand, and even a little farmer's market.
I was fascinated by this one small space within Charlotte!


Lastly, there was a booth called  VIVA RAW- a local juice brand.
I think there was lot of "law of attraction" things going on.
Not that I believe in that kind of stuff in a way that subtracts God from the equation, but simply, God telling me "Hey- remember this idea you had? Yeah- it's being done here. And I believe you can actually do it for yourself."
I got to speak to the actual founder and owner of the brand. He was manning the counter that particular day I was there, which was awesome. Scott is a great fellow, and simply wants to spread the goodness of drinking juiced fruits and vegetables.
Read his story here.

Loved this one. : ) 


The man himself with his back facing the camera.


Bought a lovely tote and a shirt. <3 
TO BE CONTINUED :D
_____________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴! 

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 

Sirena Elizabeth 



No comments:

Post a Comment