Saturday 30 July 2016

Chapter 1 of the Yager Youth Leadership Conference 2016


The bus pulled into the parking lot of Limestone College, Gaffney, South Carolina. 
The campus was full of green grass, and brick buildings. 
As we exited the bus, I was starting to fill with curiosity and excitement, yet still completely clueless as to what I should expect to feel, see, hear, touch- EXPERIENCE. 
All campers had to congregate in a building called, "Dixie". 
I entered Dixie, and didn't expect to immediately see Crown Ambassador in the Amway business, Jay Kim jumping around or something. 
For a couple of years, I have only seen him over social media, and we have interacted here and there and I felt a good virtual friendship, but now it was him in the flesh! So cool! 
I also spotted immediately the grandson, and my other really good virtual friend, of legendary network marketers, Dexter and Birdie Yager.
Finally, everything started to make more sense as to why I was there. 
Excitement really started to flood into my heart. I was excited for what I was about to learn and experience, the people I was meeting. I felt a force take over me. 
I knew that being there would be the adventure of my life thus far. 
Aaron Yager & I
Jay Kim & I
The staff at YYLC were extremely enthusiastic, and excited to be there, greeting campers from different parts of the US and the world. I felt right at home immediately. I can hardly remember what happened that first day. 
There was so much one takes in. 
From new friends from Poland, Czech Republic, Lithuania, different states of the US, Greece, Latvia, Slovakia, Canada, Ukraine, etc, to soaking in the environment around you- a complete immersion into a period in one's life that would be unforgettable, invaluable, and filled with immense love. 
I felt that God was truly present there. Watching over us. Passing His Love, Peace and Joy to us. Thinking of it now brings me to tears. 

When you arrive to the first session, you are thrown into a dance party, and you're kind of like, "What do I do?" But then, you start to join in and let go and just dance and laugh with the campers around you. I will never forget those moments. 
"YYLC" <3

Doyle & Holly Yager greeted us on stage. I had seen Doyle & Holly on stage at the Yager 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2014. It was surreal being able to see them again, but much closer!
To be able to attend YYLC is a major investment. The Law of Association is at work, and you grow significantly just by being around those who are at a high level than you, but who are pushing you up as well! You can't hide from it! You can't stop it! 

Doyle & Holly Yager

The next morning, we went on a morning run. It was fantastic! It felt great to get back on the pavement and just run. I had put aside running daily and long distance for a while to commit time to olympic weightlifting. So it was so refreshing (and painful!) to run again. I felt I did quite well!

TO BE CONTINUED :D
_____________________________________________

Like my page for daily inspiration, fitness, music and more 🌸 from all the way here in Guam 🌴! 

Snappy Chatty 👻 crownsirena | IG @sirenaofguam  

With Love, 

Sirena Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment